Re: Comments On Pete's VH1 Interview

> Pete doesn't know how to write songs.

Phhhsssttt!! (Pepsi spraying out of my mouth / spit-take)
Glad you enjoyed it.  :)

> He's never learned how.

Oh, I see.  Phew!  You're talking about not knowing how to write
songs in the *formal* sense.  Oh, OK.  Phew.
This is one reason Pete worries about writing songs. He doesn't know how he writes a hit, so he has to experiment until one happens. It's also hard to write on command. If there's no inspiration for soul searching, there's no song.

I do think the tours provide inspiration, though. Once Pete's out there face to face with his audience, then things happen.

keets