Re: Comments On Pete's VH1 Interview

This isn't really a new attitude. I first surfaced at the 2000 tour announcement when Roger said they were going to try for a new album, and Pete said something to the effect that talking about it affected the results. That's kind of a curious statement to make, but I can see how it happens. All you have to do is mention a subject, or one song you've written, and everybody takes that and publishes it all over the place, and then you've got expectations and pissed-off fans when it turns out not to be true.

I guess he's hinting that we should keep an open mind about the album, too. Last tour's ideas are cold, and on this one he may come up with something completely different.

keets

> (Pete continuing): A Roger Daltrey-Pete Townshend collaboration may not happen either.

Great. Just great. Nice attitude, Pete Great. Boy that new Who album's gonna be great - if you have that attitude. Can't wait. Way to go, Pete. Way to be a professional. Wonderful. Thanks for fucking with us. We love it. Daltrey loves it. Thanks! Can't wait for that new album.

> I don't want to set myself up. I don't want to set Roger up either!

So instead I'll just tell you that the album's gonna be shit right now - before we even start. And that I'm not into it at all. I can't & won't write any songs for the album. It's all Roger's idea.
He's just a buffoon. I'll laugh at him *with* you after the album tanks, OK? It's all Roger's idea.