Re: "Who's Left?" The Who Live at MSG 7/31/02

> I felt bad for Simon. I love Simon and am REALLY looking forward to
seeing him at the Mercury Lounge on Friday evening. But Simon was
standing next to the drum kit, singing backing vocals and playing
occasional guitar. All that talent, pushed back too far...

Presumably they're being very conservative because of the fan reaction
to the announcment that Simon would be going along on the tour.  Simon
is doing his job and staying out of the way because he's playing with
the stripped down Who, and listers here made it quite clear they want
the shows to be as close to the Seventies Who as possible.  This does
prevent any experimentation and it keeps us from hearing such things as
possible lead guitar duets, but likely it is the wise thing to do.

LB

=====
God bless the thunder.  Love to The Who.
http://health.yahoo.com