John & cocaine & educating Jamie

Now, having heard the reason for John's death and knowing it was completely senseless and avoidable, I have found myself drifting away from my Who fandom. It may be temporary, it may not...I don't know. But I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to their music since I heard, whereas since Ultimate came out my "usage" had been up. Whether or not Pete and Roger knew is irrelevent; you can't force someone not to do drugs. Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane said it best: "Cocaine is an intelligence test, and if you're still doing it you've failed." I've thought about it, and John being roughly 10 years older than I am...and myself not having done any coke in over 20 years (and would turn it down if offered), I just cannot imagine John (ON medication for a heart problem) doing something known to give a heart attack to healthy people. He couldn't have been addicted, or he would have been long since dead.

It's churned up all those feelings I had when I heard he died and the band was going on without him. I don't like being disappointed by people I so often held up against other bands as the superior band.

Coming from you bud, I'll take that as a compliment.

Jim:

Ooooh, I'm so wounded! Someone stop the bleeding, quick! Some freak in Colorado hates me! WHATEVER shall I DO?

Republican conspiracy of some kind? Ha! I actually went to the dictionary
(tri-tabe) because I thought that was a word I didn't know!

Lame pseudo-Fangism. Either that or you're the stupidest person who ever listened to The Who.

person. Is he a Mark-hater too?

Ah, there you are...manipulated again...you've admitted that you hate me. You sad little fool. "Get a life" just doesn't go far enough in your case. For the record, I don't hate you...I'm just saddened that you don't have the intelligence to realize you're not too bright and are inflicting your idiocy upon this list.

about that question, it's an honest curiosity.

It's an honest attempt to cause disruption on this list. But completely transparent, and doomed to failure. You, sir, are a real live Internet troll. But a really pathetic one, thankfully.

And since you're into giving advice, here's some for you: Be careful not to
preach, you can't pretend that you can teach.

Of all the people on this list, you are easily the least qualified to advise anyone else on what to do. You started this by "objecting" to a post I made to someone else, long since resolved without your participation. You have now stretched it farther than anyone sane would, banging your head against your monitor in frustration at your repeated failures. When will you learn? Probably never.

                      Answer this Tree Hugger...   James Sigel, forgetting he's not a conservative

                              Cheers                        ML