Re: shame on pete and roger

I am not criticizing, just stating:
Roger has said that John is one of those people if you metle in his business, he will tell you to fuck off.  So they could have said something and gotten that response.
Jennifer
  Sroundtable@aol.com wrote: In a message dated 07/27/2002 4:54:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> . My opinion is
> that if they know about John's problems...heart problem and drug problem,
> they could (not necessarily should, because John in a big boy) have
> helped. I don't know what they talked aboout. Please don't criticize me
> for that opinion.

Now wait a minute, Neil. One can't state all these opinions and then not
expect at least some criticism. They may have tried to help many times, but
alas John was on the road all the time and roger was breeding trout and worms
and appearing in bit TV roles and pete was sailing and fiddling around in his
studio. There were no signs that I know of that John was out of control with
cocaine or any other drug. They all knew he drank, and smoked cigarettes,
both of which could have impacted the heart attack more than the coke.
People on this list raved about the JEB shows, and never remarked that John
seemed in bad shape, or struggling in any way. If he was an addict, he
wouldn't have made it to 57, and certainly wouldn't have been able to play as
often and as well as he did. Pete was an addict, and had to stop cold or he
would never have made it to age 50. I don't think John ever lost control
like Pete or even Keith did. He did his share, I suppose, but never needed
it. I don't think it's fair to give a "shame on you" to pete and roger for
this.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971