Re: Pete in NYC

At 02:38 29-7-02 +0000, L. Bird wrote:

From PT Board:

Ok... his girlfirend looks like she's in her mid 30's... she has brown hair, an amazing voice, and good sense of humor. She's not a model or drop dead gorgeous or has an amazing figure, she's just a plain looking person. After Pete signed my CD, he went up the steps to pay for a perfume she got... I was ringing her up for skin care products (Mario Badescu and Ole Henriksen products) at my register, where the CD was laying on the counter top. She looked at it while I put the cash in the register and said "What did he write on it?... I swear, I can't read his bloody handwriting sometimes..."

Anyway, it took about two days to figure out what he wrote... and then my girlfriend figured out it said "Never Hesitate." The "Never" was easy to read, but the way he wrote "Hesitate" was strange. He split up the word between "Hesi / tate" which is why it was so difficult to make out. And the funny thing is that while he started to write on the CD, he
seemed to hesitate and look up for a second to think about what he was going to write.

Now, what does "never hesitate" mean? I could only imagine he wrote that because I gave him my CD to listen to...as words of encouragement... I dont know... can anybody think of another reason?
Don't hesitate, communicate, communicate, communicate...

Bjorn

----------
"Is that your natural hair colour???" (after seeing my hair)
"Stay away from my mum, I don't want a father-in-law younger then me!" (after talking about his mum)
"The Netherlands? That's just flat, wet and full of stoned people." (after saying The Netherlands is where you go after you die)
"Thanks for coming over." (after seeing me in Winooski, VT)
"He didn't change his shirt because he and his girlfriend got a room last night." (after seeing me wearing the same shirt for 3 nights)
"At least it's not a coat." (after asking me what he thought of my gold-sprayed jacket)
"Yeah, I was filling in the holes." (after saying he played fucking great with The Who)
"Go and sit in front of me!" (after asking if it could get any louder)
R.I.P., my hero
John Alec Entwistle
1944 - 2002