[no subject]

Robert Plant Will Miss John Entwistle, Tour With The
Who Kicks Off
Fri Jul 26, 4:57 PM ET

(7/26/02, 5 p.m. ET) -- The Who kicks off the next leg
of its North American tour Friday (July 26) at the
Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Joining
the Who for these dates is former Led Zeppelin
vocalist Robert Plant, who will be opening the next 14
shows.

Plant tells LAUNCH that, while on tour, he'll be
thinking of the late John Entwistle, who died June 27
in Las Vegas on the eve of the tour's start. "It's a
huge loss to lose John Entwistle, both for his humor
and his deadpan personality, and I guess in there
somewhere comes the fact that he was an incredible
musician. It's a, a huge loss, and it must be a huge
loss for Roger (Daltrey) and Pete (Townshend), and I'm
gonna really find it very odd to be around everything
without him being around."

Prior to his death, Entwistle told LAUNCH that he was
looking forward to having Plant out as part of the
tour. "We did a couple of concerts with Zeppelin way
back. We've kind of had sort of parallel careers. I
mean, they didn't last as long as we did, but Robert
has the same manager as us, so there's a connection
right there."

The Who and Plant will tour together until an August
31 date in Wantagh, New York.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit
http://health.yahoo.com