macca courageous at CFNY?

> Two different things.  "Ballsy" = courageous, it was courageous to
> debut a new song.

I think not.  Might be "ballsy" to play new stuff at a benefit concert with
just Paul, but not when people had waited 6 hours for his big finale and he
debutes this song not once, but TWICE!  I didn't think it was ballsy at all,
rather arrogant and out of touch.  I might forgive the rotten freedom song if
it had been sandwiched between hey, jude, band on the run, yesterday, and let
it be, but not after opening with the god awful I'm Down.  This wasn't a
Beatles crowd or a mccartney crowd, it was a classic rock greatest hits crowd
seeing some of the greatest acts in music history.  Essential to play stuff
the crowd is likely to recognize.  As bad as Backstreet boys are, they were
twice as bad because they sung sappy ballads instead of doing their dance
thing and their popular songs.  It's all about understanding the moment.  The
Who got it, macca didn't.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971