Re: setlist thoughts

In a message dated 07/24/2002 2:28:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> "Is it too much to ask that they honor John w/success story."
> Yes.  Terrible idea.  John's bass, vocal and perspective ARE this song.
> This idea is almost a bad as putting the 5:15 from RAH 2000 on the big
> screens.  Ghoulish.
>
> "Maybe resurrecting SqB?"
> Assuming you mean Squeeze Box - no.
>
> "I think they might change the encore, either by adding I'm free to the
> tommy medley OR..."
> Maybe.
>
> "moving tommy to the middle (replacing SMFM w/ I'm Free) and quad to the
> encore w/LROM as finale OR... use YMB, SB, and MG as encore/finale. "
> No.
>
> "We'll see, but I would like to hear some predictions."
>
> I see.  You wanted us to predict.  My reply to your original question was
> that I want to be surprised - a simple wish on my part.  I don't really
> wanna predict, but that doesn't mean that I didn't reply to your post.  No
> one has replied to my reply to your original set list prediction post but
> you don't see me getting hurt or disappointed.  You didn't even acknowledge
> that I responded.  I mean, it really sucks when you call a play and the
> team
> doesn't follow your instruction.  That really pisses me off!  I'm fine.  I
> think I can move past this.
>
> Anywho, I hope they include one or both of the new tunes that they have
> rehearsed.  That would be sooooooo cool :-D
>
> Buck

Now, see, was that so hard??  I hope you were kidding when chastising me for
not mentioning your response.  I laughed, anyway, cause i thought you were
kidding.  I was just looking for people's thoughts on what changes they think
might be made to the setlist, and my original post on the matter didn't have
this as the subject, so people might have by-passed it.  Thanks for the
opinions.  Enjoyed them.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971