Buck's Culture/Pete in Pink

>We suck as a culture. We deserve the shit that the media conglomerates

>produce and sell us. That is what makes me uncomfortable.

>Buck

Sadly true.  The criticisms of pop culture and today's music scene aren't
anything new to anyone here, but what I find interesting about it, is the
fact that today's mainstream pop heads don't seem to mind the spoon fed
tripe they eat.  Apparently many bands/acts today just dance and lip sync,
but the people buying the tickets KNOW that.  And they don't mind.
Conversely, even the "alternative" bands are cookie cutter, assembly line
stuff.  Stone Pearl Creed Pilots comes to mind immediately.  I always hope
that a change is coming, but I don't know.  Anyone with substance gets
overlooked in the mainstream.  With the kind of money the poppers generate,
it may never change.

Johanna:

>"Doesn't it make anyone else uncomfortable to hear Pete talk about having

>sex with a man or men in the Rolling Stones interview?"

Nah, I suppose it's more clarification.  Pete sort of touched on the subject
in a Playboy interview in the mid 90s but he goes into more detail in this
RS interview.  For me, I always suspected that he "experiemented" but was
butch deep down.  He mentions in this article that he's from the 60s and
they tried everything once.  That was a time where it was chic to try things
out.  Hell, even Hugh Hefner said he went bi in the 70s and if Hef tried it,
I bet lots of celebs did too.  I still can't understand why Hef would try
dudes when he had all those chickies running around the mansion standing in
line to hop in the sack with him.  Must've been the drugs.

Jim in Colo Springs