MacBallsnewalbum - Rolling Bones

>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Re: argument and praise goings on at CFNY
>
>>  Pete Townshend told Paul that he was quite ballsy to debut a new song,
>>Freedom, at the Concert for NYC.
>
>It WAS ballsy.  I just wish the song hadn't sucked rocks.

"rocks" = Balls???
Twas a pretty weak effort by the Mac.
I thought Bowie was ballsy.
He's got attitude.

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: The name game & new album speculation
>
>Ash(cough)croft! Excuse me. Frog in my throat.

Gesundheit?

>I'd say the ONLY way is if John had recorded some tracks before the tour. I
can see a package
>with perhaps some rehearsal tracks and practicing any songs destined for
the recording Fall
>recording sessions.

I think most would agree that I've been one of the greater optimists
regarding the new album coming to fruition.
Now, however, I don't see it.  Not even with John tracks.
Although I'm pumped for the 2nd leg (well, I'm getting there), I still can't
help but feel that DT (or TD, or Pete/Rog) are simply fulfilling an
obligation at this point.  I don't really and honestly deep down believe
that either of these men have any ambition to carry "The Who" on into the
future by themselves.
They *have* to have felt the end of much more than just (as if) John's life.

>The oft proposed live boxed set would also be more than welcome, given that
John was such an
>intregal part of the live sound. Now is the time for such an issue, now
more than ever.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: The name game & new album speculation
>
>That's what I was kinda thinking.  Since "future Who" will probably be
finished
>after this tour, "past Who" deserves to be looked at to see what can be
released
>that hasn't been commercially released already.

Pains me to say, but that's what I'm thinking too.
It's time to put the beast to bed, and get the photo albums of the history
in order.
One last WHO-RA Gents!  Second leg is on us !!!!!!!  (?)
Let's Go out with a Bong..........ahem........I mean BANG!!!!!!

>From: "Buck WhoeverYouWanna"

Ummmm, ok!
Whooooo Hoooooo!
Anyone?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueler?
Bueler?

>Subject: Re: pete with men
>
>What makes me uncomfortable is that Rolling Stone was able to get a
>face-to-face interview with Pete (he doesn't do much of this any more) and
>they chose to focus the interview on some salaciouis remark made in some
>third rate new book by an acquaintence of his from 35 years ago.
>We suck as a culture.  We deserve the shit that the media conglomerates
>produce and sell us.  That is what makes me uncomfortable.

Ohhhhhh, Buckenstein.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Rolling Stones is obsessed with Booty.
They've forgotten about music.

So many questions at this point, and they come up with that?
OLD NEWS YOU IDEOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin in VT