Re: pete with men

From: SicilianMother@aol.com
"Doesn't it make anyone else uncomfortable to hear Pete talk about having sex with a man or men in the Rolling Stones interview?"

Pete talking about it does not make me uncomfortable. What do you find bothersome? Are there particular acts that you find repulsive? You don't have to answer, but it might reveal something about you.

What makes me uncomfortable is that Rolling Stone was able to get a face-to-face interview with Pete (he doesn't do much of this any more) and they chose to focus the interview on some salaciouis remark made in some third rate new book by an acquaintence of his from 35 years ago. What the fuck?!?! You've got one of the most brilliant minds in pop culture in front of you and you ask him about his sex life? That makes me uncomfortable. Who cares about who or how he had sex 35 years ago?!?!?

Here are some topics they left out so they could devote more space to sex:
- The evolution of his current guitar technique and sound.
- The business structure of The Who at present.
- Status of The Lifehouse Experiment.
- Relationship with John Entwistle (all they wanted to talk about was his relationship with Roger).
- What is the best part of touring nowadays? Worst part?

I'm sure we could all think of more.

If Rolling Stone had the chance to talk to Beethoven or Hitler they would probably ask them about sex, hair and clothing.

The sad truth is that they are asking the questions that most people want to hear discussed. We (collective) want to hear about dirt and shallow private matters. We really are not interested in getting an understanding of anyone, we just want to be entertained and have a laugh. We want to have a label to slap on our celebrities. Is he angry, bisexual, dishonest, smart, funny, grouchy, greedy?

We suck as a culture. We deserve the shit that the media conglomerates produce and sell us. That is what makes me uncomfortable.

Buck