an end to this ridiculousness

In a message dated 07/17/2002 6:55:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> You're right.
> I shouldn't have opened my mouth.
> To be honest with you, I just didn't want to see another argument start.
> Not now.
> I saw it coming, and was hoping I could somehow prevent it.
> Stupid, idealistic, me.
>
> Don't tell me though what I can't stand.  You don't know.
> The only reason you catch shit here is because you stirr it.
> Just *had* to put my name in your post.
> Just *had* to put Mark's name in your post.
> Keep in mind Mc that I'm not the only one peeved at you at the moment.
>
> I give up.
> Fight each other until you're blue in the face.
> Rant all you want.
> Fuck it.
> Enjoy your "normal" list.
>
> In the whole scheme of things, this is the smeg on the bottom of my shoe.
>
> Kevin in VT

OK, let's end all this and get back to the Who.  Some inflammatory remarks
were made by one lister, so I made a very "innocuous" remark about how
inflammatory the remarks were (without even taking issue with them).  I made
a very light-hearted comparison/analogy.  A certain lister took it the right
way and took issue with my "Barney" reference in a humorous reply.  Another
took offense and attacked me personally.  Someone came my defense, another
jumped in to take a shot both of us, yada, yada, yada....  Without "naming
names" I don't think anyone here, including me, cares anymore.  This is over.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971