Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere Book

I receieved my copy of the new Who book by Matt Kent & Andy Neill called
"Anyway, Anyhow,
Anywhere" from Amazon.com yesterday (finally!).

The book is massive.  Big, thick, hardcover coffee-table-type book.  Well
worth the discounted
prices being offerred.

Tons of new & exciting pictures (and many you've probably seen before).

The text of the book is a day-by-day summation of concerts, studio dates,
T.V. appearances,
important happenings, etc.  Very similar to the "Concert File" book & that
other timeline-type
book (can't think of the title - I'm at "work") that was released recently.

The authors are very honest in the forward, saying their goal of an
all-inclusive, exhaustive, detail-
ed account of The Who's history (up until the death of Keith Moon) could not
be met.  There are
too many information gaps, such as the early years of The Detours, that are
lost to history.  How-
ever, here & there, new facts, bits of information, & corrections of
previous falsehoods are revealed.

They also regret the fact that The Who never really recorded at studios
which kept detailed ac-
counts of recording sessions.  Big-time bummer - especially if one has read
the fascinatingly
detailed account of The Beatles Abbey Road sessions.  I guess we'll never
see a Who book on
a level like that.

As stated, the book only covers the years up to Keith Moon's death & stops
cold right there.

My only complaint is that the whole "timeline" / "diary" format is starting
to get old (isn't anyone
going to attempt to outdo Dave Marsh's narrative account?) but that hardly
affects the beauty &
significance of this wonderfully exciting book.  The pictures alone are
worth the price.

Grade:  A

- SCHRADE in Akron