Re: list disputes

> Mc:
>
> And then you "named names," which is where you erred.

Sorry.  What was percieved was not what was intended.

> comment or attack on anyone on the list, other than maybe Kendall for his
> troll-lie behavior.
>
> Just a point of fact: whatever he may or may not be doing elsewhere, he's
> not been troll-like here. Rather he's been attacked on several fronts.

I believe that to call Chris Entwistle an "alleged son" is troll-like.  I
simply took offense to many of his attacks on Pete and Roger, especially
since I spent the best week of my life watching an hearing them pour their
guts into four amazing concerts.

> played out as the actual activity. Mark, u have to admit you have had a few
> arguments/disputes with other listers on occasion.
>
> When you make statements like that (and you shouldn't in the first place),
> you should qualify them because the way you put it, it appears that the
> people you named are starting arguments (indeed, if you're comparing them
> with Kendall as you believe him to be, you're stating that very thing) when
> in fact most of the people you mentioned do not start arguments here.

I wasn't implying that you start disputes at all.  My original post simply
stated that the people mentioned, including myself, have had some pretty
heated arguments with others here.  People have complained about you making
political posts (i am not one of those, BTW) and so a dispute or two has
arisen.  The people I mentioned have strong opinions and are not afraid to
post them, so arguments have arisen.  All the arguments here have been pretty
light-hearted, however, with only a few exceptions.  I thought Kendall went
WAY over the line with his offensive remarks.

> you had a real problem with my post, you should have e-mailed me privately.
>
> Leaving the list with the impression the people you mentioned start
> disputes? I think not.

I don't think anyone thought that's what I was saying or took my post that
way.  Besides, I thought you didn't care what other people think? :)

> Now let's get back to the Who, as topics abound with all the recent events.
>
> In a week and three days I'll be seeing Simon Townshend perform, and the
> next night The Who.

Where are you seeing them??  I will be at MSG #1 and #2, july 31 and aug 1.
You must be going to the Boston show?  Have a great time.  The shows I saw
were truly inspired.  Simon adds a nice dimension the backing vocals that has
been sorely needed.

Mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971