Is the Who's Legacy Tarnished?

Many of us were shocked and upset by the band's decision to start the tour so soon after John's death. Yet, as true Who fans, most of us now understand, accept and support the decision. The same cannot be said for some of my friends and acquaintances and probably yours too. Their reactions range from "disgusted" to "shocked" to "they must really need the money." It doesn't matter if I try to explain/justify the decision, they feel how they feel.