news of Keith Moon movie on billboard.com

Mike Meyers talks about possible Keith Moon movie:

http://www.billboard.com/billboard/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1537358

-gern

"Austin Powers" star Mike Myers is discussing the possibility of starring in a new movie about founding drummer of the Who, Keith Moon. Myers and Who frontman Roger Daltrey have discussed plans for a forthcoming film, and the 39-year-old comic actor said he hoped it would be made.

"I have talked to Roger Daltrey about the possibility of a film," Myers said. "I think Keith Moon was a fascinating character." A notorious wildman known as much for his indulgences as for his manic drumming style, Moon died of a drug overdose in 1978 at age 32.

Daltrey has long wanted to turn Moon's life story into a Hollywood film and said Myers would be perfect for the part. "Mike is a genius. I can really see him as Keith. He's amazing when you meet him, so clever," Daltrey said.

Myers will soon be seen on the big screen in "Austin Powers in Goldmember," due to open July 26 in U.S. theaters. As previously reported, the flick is accompanied by a star-studded soundtrack that boasts the Neptunes-produced single "Work It Out" by Beyonce Knowles of Destiny's Child, who also stars in the film. The track is No. 6 on Billboard's Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart.