Re: new who album

In a message dated 7/6/2002 9:54:54 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Do you still believe in a new  Who album?I think it's
> very hard, because, beyond John's death, there are a lot
> of people saying "the who is dead!", "it's only a cover
> band, now" etc.
>
> Leandro

Well, if anyone had seen the four concerts I saw, especially shoreline and
the gorge, the "cover band" comment flys right out the window.  I don't care
what anyone says, that was the Who!  Performances with that kind of emotion
and venom don't come from cover bands.  It can never be the same without
john, as it's not the same without keith, but don't forget that Zak and
rabbit play the shit out of their instruments and have achieved a real bond
with pete and roger.  It can still be great, and pino is an excellent session
bassist so a new album can still be great, fueled by the emotions of john's
passing.  A new album would be the ultimate tribute, especially if there are
some of his bass lines recorded for any of the new songs.  If pete and roger
want to go on as the Who, then it IS the Who as far as i'm concerned.  Was
john MORE important than Keith??  I would say maybe more important in the
studio but not as important on stage.  In any event, if they take the right
attitude into the studio this time (unlike face dances, which IMHO was
recorded too soon after keith's death), an album can still be great and
possible.  The Who lives.  Go see them and you'll understand.

kevin mc