Re: Hollywood Bowl show

We got the same timekeeper/melody work from Pino that John always
performed. It was eighth notes instead of sixteenth, but it did the
job. Those who have complained about the mushy and indistinct quality
of JAE's bass in recent years may well like Pino's clearer sound.

Keets:

I wouldn't be one of those. I've enjoyed the highly treble sound of his bass starting in 1996. I didn't find it mushy or indistinct at all. And it sounds to me as if this show was powerful and professional, I fear it's going to be a bit TOO professional for me. If I wanted professional, I'd go see Styx or Journey or Foreigner. And I was afraid the addition of Pino would force them to be more on the money and less loose and spur-of-the-moment. This is one of the things I didn't like about the Kenney Jones and Simon Philips years.

We would all miss JAE, but we also miss Keith, and now we have Zak to
love. We would never have had that if they had really quit in 1982.

Zak was the one who brought them back to the loose Who live sound. Now...

          "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
               president, or that we are to stand by the president
                 right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
                    but is morally treasonable to the American public."
                             President Theodore Roosevelt, Republican                                              Cheers             ML