Hollywood Bowl was flat awesome

Quick review before i go to bed.  The band came out firing and didn't let up till the final note. A nice moment as pete and rog embraced prior to the first chord.  One could also tell that they were leaning on each other for support throughout the show.  I think it enhanced both of their performances. Roger's voice sounded great (i only wish i could have heard it a little clearer due to only average seats-sec f3, row 15) and his performance was truly inspired and emotional.  He sounded particluarly good in Bargain, SMFM, BBE (much better than CFNY), and LROM.  Pete's guitar work was absolutely venomous.  Like he channeled all his anger for the loss of his friend into that guitar, without smashing it of course.  My god it left me dumbstruck at times.  Zak really is a special drummer and IS a member of the Who.  He got a huge ovation from the crowd when pete announced him after the end of the main set.  Pino was just fine.  A great bassist.  Held his own and the crowd was appreciative of the tough spot he was in.  Pete acknowledged this several times.  Pino even varied the MG bass solo parts with his own style, which I preferred to trying to imitate John. Rabbit had a few more solo moments than i expected, which was nice, and simon's role was perfect, i would say.  He stayed in the back just behind zak and to his right.  For the first 3 songs and several others, he had no guitar and just helped w/backing vocals (which the Who have actually needed in recent yrs), and played mainly acoustic to allow Pete to roam and vamp with the electric guitar.  He did play some electric on a few songs, which I didn't like because it was more difficult to hear Pete.  I was also surprised that there was as much witty banter between Pete and Rog, and with the audience.  Several nice nods to john, and pete shared a few nice thoughts with us, thanking the crowd for making this such a nice day for him and making him feel very comfortable.  Before they came out they ran a little mini-documentary of the Who's preparation for the !
tour, which was also a commercial for JBL (that's it, isn't it?  Shame on me, forgot the sponsor's name.  Alas i'm no musician or i would know it).  John got cheers each time he was shown.  Had a funny quote from rabbit as he walked into pete's house for a rehearshal:  "This is Pete's house.  It's odd walking in this way, because this will be one of the few times I've been here sober."  Here is a basic setlist, but i can't promise the correct order b/c i'm doin it for memory.

ICE
substitute
AAA
who are you
relay
another tricky day
eminence front (sounded great, and even had Roger with an electric guitar and at one point he and pete faced each other and jammed.  It was cool.)
baba o'riley
bargain
sea and sand
5.15
LROM
BBE
TKAA
YBYB
my generation
WGFA  (unbelieveable extended jam from pete... like so good i'm without words to describe it)

encore:

Pinball wizard
Amazing Journey/Sparks (WOW!!!!!!!  This rocked)
See me, Feel me, listening to you (also tremendous)- a great finish anytime, but especially in the circumstances

I may have forgotten one or two, but I think this was it.  Amazing event.  I thank God I was able to attend.  Just a note to fans:  don't buy any new t-shirts that have been unofficially printed w/john's face on the back.  I think it's reprehensible for people to atempt to profit from another person's death.

Kevin mc