How could I be envious at a time like this?

 Andrew Rees wrote

"Envy at such a sad time! How could I be you may ask?

Simply this, John, a man I respected, worshipped and
loved has died.
The
band with which he was such an important part of, are
almost certainly
never
going to tour again after this fond farewell to their
friend."

I know what you mean Andy, although it will never be
the same without John, i would like the chance to
attend a gig to share my grief with fellow fans, to
pay some sort of homage to John and to say thanks to
the greatest band in the world. I too believe that
they will not tour again and even if the do in some
way, the dream of their resurgence and the possibility
of a new album look somewhat pointless now.

It has been a strange 4 days. From waking up on Friday
morning by my radio alarm switching on the radio2 news
at exactly the moment he announced John's name to
reading the many differing messages tonight. My
workmates have treated me like i have lost a family
member. They new how much it meant to me!

Having thought long and hard about should they,
shouldn't they? and reading Magic's post about it
being too soon, I agree with him to a certain extent,
maybe postponing the first leg but i guess Rog and
Pete would rather get it over with in case they leave
it too long which will make it harder. If, like me,
you are unfortunate enough to lose someone really
close so suddenly, it is easy to just say, "fuck it"
and slip into a state of nothingness. I lost someone
and took it pretty hard, thought i got over it and
returned to work. It hit again a couple of days later
and fucked my head up a bit. This could happen to Rog
and Pete soon.
My hope is that they feel they are doing the right
thing. Our job, as fellow "family" members is to help
them and ourselves through it. I just wish i was
there.
I doubt if i will get the chance but if i don't, to
all you fellow fans. Those i've had the pleasure to
share a beer with, (funnily, most of you are named
John), Mr Pywell,Hughes,Taylor and Puetherer,
Magic,Bjorn and Andrew Rees et.al.and those i havn't,
see you in Who heaven.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com