Film Festival yesterday/remembering John

I spent yesterday at the film festival in Hollywood which showed TKAA,
Tommy, and Listening to you.  The festival's organizer, whose name
escapes me, turned the event around to honor John.

Before TKAA started, he came out and spoke for a bit, and read
statements from Pete, Roger, and Jeff Stein.  Originally Jeff Stein was
supposed to appear, and hold a Q&A session after the film.  Jeff didn't
come because he was too torn up about John's death, and instead sent a
long statement full of humor in his place.  The kicker was that John was
slated to be a surprise special guest at the event.  It just took the
wind out of all of us hearing that.

I know a lot of you have been avoiding Who films and things because it's
too emotional for you.  I have been avoiding the films because I don't
want to dwell and get sad.  But I am so glad I went today.  I was
surrounded by people who share the same passion I have for this band and
its music.  The theatre was full of laughter and even squealing girls
who we heard every time Pete shakes his tushie during Baba in TKAA.
(hey he had a really nice tush in those white pants!)

I highly suggest all of you spend this time like I did, with others who
feel the same way, and with lots of laughter.  It's very healing.

see some of you at the Bowl tonight.

cheers