Re: A new Generation of Swine will Doom Who Album Sales

In a message dated 1/31/02 7:52:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jovar1701v@email.msn.com writes:

> Most of the people who listen to extremly modern music in the charts dont
> listen to it for very long.  And the who will still be there.

True.  Kids like to have *their* music and it's own sound to define their
youth. It takes alot of confidence to listen to a particular kind of music
wether it be old or new without fear of peer pressure.

The situation that Jim described is a very real problem. Sadly, with good
times comes the degredation of society. It is not the kid's fault that they
were born into this age.  Everything is so fast now.  They are used to
instant gratification without knowing the value of paying a price. This
results in the lack of appreciation of the preciousness of life.  If you
don't "pay" for something, you tend not to value it.

Kids are going to test the waters and get into all kinds of things.  They
have never lived their life before, so how do they know what is what? They
are bombed by new sensations that are incredibly powerful and they believe
that they are what is real. What is real?  What is Truth? Are my feelings
real or is my body just craving something that will destroy me?  What is
inside of me that drives me to do the things that I do? Who am I ? What is my
destiny? These are questions that we all need to ask. They are questions that
our kids need help in facing.

So what can be done to help this current generation? They need to be
regulated in their conduct and learn that with rights come responsibilities.
They have to be prepared for their life! However, underneath this as the
foundation, I believe that the greatest and  most powerful weapon that
parents must use is a *genuine heart of love*.  One that *never* gives up.
This will conquer them eventually. This has to be the motivating factor in
all that we do relating to them.  They are facing a much more difficult world
than we faced. If they don't get this from us, they will be closed to us and
the benefit or our experience.

Maybe then they will all grow up and buy Who albums ;).

Jon in Mi.