Re:I must disagree about the new album flop

In a message dated 01/29/2002 6:00:06 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Of course there will be exceptions:  like the
> wonderfully brilliant young Who fans on this list, but as a whole, the
> buying public that puts artists on the Billboard album charts will have
> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH A BUNCH OF OLD FART, OVER RATED, OVER THE HILL
> COOTS LIKE THE WHO.  Sad, however true.  And that's fine.  Let them wallow
> in their ignorance.

I believe a few year's ago, Eric Clapton was all over the number one spots
with his "Unplugged" CD (which I didn't care for, personally, but was
nevertheless huge).  Just because music happens to be popular doesn't
NECESSARILY mean it is bad, or "pop trash."  The Who can make a new album
which rocks like a mother and show all these young punks what real hard rock
is from the original hard rock band.  Throw in a nice Pete ballad or two, and
it certainly could take the world by storm.  How bout the Who's first
Billboard #1?  It could happen and I hope it does.  There is an energy
surrounding the Who that seems to be heading for something special.  Just
look at their last 2 live performances.  Rave reviews from CFNY and some
great word of mouth from Portsmouth about the best single performance the
band has ever done.  Somethin big is brewin, i tell ya.

kevin Mc