hot off the wires

http://www.eelpie.com/downloads-view.cfm?CFID=80350&CFTOKEN=75780826&id=25&zone=download

Statement from Pete about pt website Closure

Last updated 28 January 2002

You will know by now that that www.petetownshend.co.uk has shut down.

I decided to do this rather suddenly. The Who are large in the public eye.
The pt site is rightfully celebrated. I felt it best to quit while ahead.

Why? I need to concentrate on my writing this year. I need no distractions.

Matt Kent deserves special praise for his commitment to the pt site. He was
not forewarned about its closure. I've asked him to continue to work for me
running this site, and the pt site will be used as a basis for special
project sites in future.

I am also keen to see Matt running a NAKED EYE website for The Who this
year, giving every member of the band the kind of outlet for their ideas and
opinions that I have enjoyed. Obviously, this is not something Matt can
achieve without the full cooperation of the band, their management and
various contracting record companies. We shall see what happens.

It will take a little time to gather all the vital collateral from the pt
site and set it out on this site. I'm sure Matt and his colleagues at
FiveEye who now administer and Host the site for us will do a great job.

What will the difference be? You will see less of my personal postings. I'm
sorry about that. I have enjoyed writing them. But there is no managable
pathway for feedback from you all, and if I put one in place I would need 50
secretaries to deal with the responses. I sometimes feel I'm working in a
bit of a vacuum.

News will still flow. There will still be regular free music postings and
occasional interesting QuickTime video postings.

Pete Townshend