Re: Who review from CFNY

> The Who don't stand on my list of absolute favorites;
> I like them a lot, but they don't make the same tier
> as those I just mentioned. As such, their terrific
> performance goes down as one of New York's pleasant
> surprises. Based on material like their recent Live at
> the Royal Albert Hall, I knew they could still crank
> out the rock, but I didn't expect them to fire it up
> to such a degree. In a roster filled with good
> performances, the Who lap the field; their four tunes
> blow the others off the stage.

I will give the writer credit for a correct assessment of the Who blowing everyone off the stage, but to say that they were a pleasant "surprise" is an insult.  The crowd was more fired up to see them than anyone else, well before they came on.  Of 20,000 seats I just happened to sit between 2 Who fans- one from Toronto who just showed up and bought a scalped ticket right before the show, and a firefighter from Long Island.  when that British flag went up on the screen the buzz of anticipation in the crowd was positively tangible.  It was no surprise at all.  I also take issue with them not being "on the same tier" as the others.  Even if you are someone who personally wouldn't put the who in your list of favorites- to say they are somehow "second tier" on an objective basis is flat irresponsible journalism.  I can objectively say the the beatles belong at #1 on the all-time bands list, yet still think the Who is the far better band.  Wait till this author sees what happens with the new Who album.  Second ti
er, my ass!

kevin mc

PS- took two more shots in the face this saturday at a hunter's cookout.  One was pretty weak but the other was solid.  I have only a small welt on my upper right jaw.  There were a bunch of guys from an LSU fraternity there and I asked them about people allowing other to hit them in the face, and they said people do much more than I do.  They have seen people bloddied and bruised and still wanting more.  Just some perspective to all of you who keep saying I'm a psycho and never heard of people getting punched in the face.