Re: Pre-show get-togethers

TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Andrew (and Bjorn), would you mind posting the instructions on how to get
 De Hems and Queens Arms?  A couple of fans on other lists have asked about
 pre-show get-togethers, and I'll forward the info on to them.

 keets >>

Well I am not that familiar with London but I can tell you  what I know,
should be enough info to get you to either place.

The Queens Arms,  is situated at 30 Queens Gate Mews South Kensington,  it is
a mere 5 minutes walk from the RAH and apparently the RAH can be seen from
the pub,  I cant give info about what tubes to catch but as long as you can
get to the RAH,  finding this pub wont be a problem.

De Hems is situated at 11 Macclesfield Street,  which is between Shaftsbury
Avenue and Gerrard Street.  A tube needs to be taken to Piccadily Circus,  as
you enter Shaftsbury Avenue,  a street on the right where you see the Chinese
gate is close to where it is situated.  The RAH is some four tube stops from
here.

De Hems is a traditional stop for Who fans at concerts in London,  it serves
food as does Queens Arms,  restaurants are all close by and hopefully at De
Hems a copy of Whos Next is still behind the bar,  Queens Arms will be my
choice purely because it is closer to the venue and just a few minutes from
where I am staying that night,  the choice is yours but I do think that if
the concert finishes early enough,  most will make a post show meet in the
Queens Arms.

Hope this helps a bit

Andrew

"As you can see,  an encore is impossible.
 We have drums everywhere.  As they go to
 the dressing room,  please say an
 incredible thankyou to The Who."
             Compere Jeff Dexter  The Oval  18/9/71