Re: Lifehouse rip-off

> Sounds more like a rip of Kilroy Was Here by Styx, but, yeah, I can
> see the Lifehouse bits in there as well.  I'd argue that any rock
"concept piece" that's come along in the past 30 years has had
influences from and/or elements of Pete's work in it, anyway.

> In Lifehouse, was rock and roll explicitly banned outright like in
> this story, though?  Seems to me like the "rebels" in Pete's story
mostly used it as a means to an end, whereas, in Queen's story, people
just wanna be rockin' with Dokken and not get hassled by the cops.  I
dunno. I'm just curious as to what these people think the "place of
living rock" would sound like!

Seems like some descriptions of Lifehouse included the "rock is banned"
scenario, but I can't recall where I read it.  There's quite a bit of
discussion of it in interviews, commentary, etc.

This sounds like essentially the same story to me, where the
Bohemian/gypsy hero goes off to find a cure for the current force-fed
media crap and cures all at a rock concert where the audience joins
together with one-note-the-lost-chord-Om.  They've removed the Eastern
mysticism slant and substituted the Arthur legend of pulling the
sword/axe from the stone.  If that's the empahsis of the story, then
it's different, but if too many element match up, then it's a rip-off.

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://auctions.yahoo.com