Re: you are wrong about eep, opp, ork, ah ah

In a message dated 01/25/2002 3:56:45 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Neither...the mighty Alvin & the Chipmunks, from a song about a
> spaceman and his girlfriend, in which "Eep, opp, ork, ah ah" was said
> to mean "I love you."  Not to be confused with the Alvin & the
> Chipmunks song about the witch doctor in which he (the witch doctor)
> sings, "Oo, ee, oo ah ah, ting, tang, wallawalla bing bang."
>
> I feel somehow I've shared too much.

It was definitely the Jetsons.  I was a kid when the Jetsons were big and
watched the show all the time.  Judy Jetson entered a song writing contest
for an Elvis-like character whose name escapes me.  Elroy, at the same time
was working on some secret code language and the two got switched
accidentally, and the code- which had eep, opp, ork, ah-ah- got sent to the
singer rather than the song.  Judy was furious until she found that she had
inadvertently won the contest as the singer wrote a song using eep, opp, ork,
ah-ah- "and that means I love you!"  It ceratinly wasn't Alvin and the
Chipmunks- unless they covered it. :))

kevin Mc