Re: Lifehouse Rip-off

> Being 'something' of a Queen fan, I was wondering if
> Pete might like to have a look at the story behind
> this 'musical' and perhaps sue Ben Elton for ripping
> his story off - seems like a blatant copy of the basic
> Lifehouse story to me:

Whooo.  Looks like a definite uh, "tribute" to me.  I hope they credit
Pete for the story.  In case anybody hasn't seen this, here it is.

keets

>The time is the future, in a place that was once called Earth.
Globalisation is complete. Everywhere, the kids watch the same movies,
wear the same fashions and think the same thoughts. It's a safe, happy,
Ga Ga World.

          "Unless you're a rebel. Unless you want to Rock"

On Planet Mall Rock 'n' Roll has been banned for centuries. All musical
instruments are banned. The materials from which instruments were once
made are banned. There is no wood, no steel or gut for strings, no skin
for drums, these things are long forgotten.

The Company Computers generate the tunes and the kids download them.
Nothing is left to chance in the pursuit of profit, hits are scheduled
years in advance. Dance moves are rigidly imposed.

              "Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?"

It is the age of Boy Bands and Girl Bands. Of Boy and Girl Bands. Of
Girl Bands with a couple of boys in them that look like girls anyway.
Of Andro Bands, groups of software created sexless cyber stars. All
processed. All manufactured. Dancing in the Ether and lulling the kids
into a sleep that has lasted for centuries.

"Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality"

But resistance is growing. Underneath the gleaming cities, down in the
lower depths live the Bohemians. Rebels who believe that there was once
a Golden Age when kids formed their own bands and wrote their own
songs. The Bohemians dream that one day these lost chords will be heard
once more. They call this day, The Rhapsody.

           "Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see"

Legend persists that somewhere on Planet Mall instruments still exist.
Somewhere, the mighty axe of a great and hairy guitar god lies buried
deep in rock. Place there in the golden age against a time when it
would be needed to inspire the kids anew.

The Bohemians need a hero to find this axe. A crazy rebel with a heart
of solid rock who will draw the guitar from the stone and play the
ancient anthems.

             "He's just a poor boy. From a poor family"

But the Bohemians must find this hero before the Company does. For if
the Ga Ga Cops get him first they will surely drag him before the
Killer Queen and consign to oblivion across the Seven Seas Of Rhye.

Where is this axe hero? Where is the Hairy One's lost axe? Where is the
place of living rock?

                 "Anywhere the wind blows"

              WE WILL ROCK YOU. SPRING 2002

                THE RHAPSODY IS UPON US

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://auctions.yahoo.com