New Album- Old song

I have a lot of songs by many different artists in my real player. The more
recent hits sound much clearer and have a more powerful sound due to the
advances in recording technology.  This has nothing to due with the song
itself, of course.

Considering this, I wondered what Who song could be re-recorded to be
reintroduced to the record buying public with a new, more dynamic sound?
What would fly today? My choice would be to redo "I can see for miles" with a
ferocious sound and put it on the new album. It is great, but recorded back
around '67.

I want them to be successful with this possible new album and I want to hear
it on the radio in a big way, sort of like when the song Who are You came out
in '78. That was a great event.  I love that song.  Where/How did Pete come
up with that sound?  It is totally unlike any other song and *that* one held
up like a mug!

 This week the local classic rock station is playing all of their requested
songs from A to Z. I have been playing it on the job to hear some songs that
I never get to hear. I have to admit that half of it sounds so old. I can't
take obscure CSNY songs or hippy stuff too much. (I am always proud of any
song by the big four.) Anyhow, after "court of the crimson king" finally
ended, we had enough and switched it to the current rock station.  I was
delighted when Who Are You played on this station. It sounded so fresh and
strong. No one groans on the job when this song plays.  That and WGFA are
probably the only Who songs left that are still on the  "New Rock" station's
playlist. I want to hear new Who on This station, not the classic rock
station.

Is this a longshot? Probably. But The Who do things that no other bands are
capable of.  That, and they are the band that has Pete Townshend.

Jon in MI.