Re: Opening act for summer tour aka Booooo!

I just don't see the reason for this debate. We know (from our history
books, kids) that no matter WHO opens for The Who, they will be booed until
they leave the stage. I've seen Toots and the MayTals (OK, so they deserved
the booing), Joan Osbourne (at her "moment," with a single IN THE CHARTS),
Unamerican and Drivin' N Cryin' open for our boys (and no opener in 1989),
and none of these bands added anything good to the show. They just wasted
our time. I'd love to see someone compatible, like Big Country (no longer
possible) or Pearl Jam (unlikely) or maybe The Kinks (Ray Davies' ego won't
allow that, even if they did get back together).
Or someone like the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club or Tantric would be nice,
but that's just what *I* would like. I'm sure they'd still get booed.

   "When I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking
      about myself, all of us are talking about me."
                George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML