nice quote from 2000 concert review

I was taking a little walk down nostalgia lane, and I came across this
wonderful quote from The Village Voice's review of October 4, 2000 @ Madison
Square Garden:

"Drummer Zak Starkey channeled Keith Moon's energy and technique as
Townshend and John Entwistle dissected "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere" and "The
Real Me." Where Townshend's classic style consists largely of taking a blues
lick and smearing it across several measures, he's added an entire Eddie
Van's worth of tricks to his toolbox, too, spewing megabytes of information
in each machine-gun-like solo while posing like the suavest mofo ever to
grace the cover of Mojo. Roger Daltrey, playing a Paul Newman-esque straight
man to Townshend's mad scientist, looked great and kept out of the way. With
Townshend at a creative crossroads, the material problem was solved by
consulting the entrails of the old stuff with casually manic glee."

It is going to be a fun Who year :-)

Jeff