A couple of thoughts

Still lookin for opinions on what Who selection should make our playlist for
music in the yard at the high school where I teach.  We ultimately decided on
Baba O'Riley.  Will be recognizeable to non-classic rock fans- and the
teenage wasteland fits the situation.  Here is the rest of the list:

1. Rolling Stones- Start Me Up
2. Pink Floyd- Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
3. Greatful Dead- Sugar Magnolia
4. Led Zeppelin- Kashmir
5. Beatles- Revolution
6. Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze
7. Cream (Eric Clapton)- Sunshine of Your Love
8. Creedence Clearwater Revival- Fortunate Son
9. Rolling Stones- Jumpin Jack Flash
10. The Who- Baba O'Riley (Teenage Wasteland)
11. Led Zeppelin- The Immigrant Song

I also have a couple of new observations on the CFNY dynamic and a few
questions for ya'll.  Pete genuinely seemed to be enjoying Roger's microphone
swinging during BBE, and I don't think Roger could have been having any more
fun than during WAY.  He was smiling ear to ear through much of it.  The shot
of pete windmilling and roger thrashing around with the mike in the same
frame was really impressive.  I also noticed that after BOR a policeman threw
a hat to roger, he put it on, then took it off and said, "I am not worthy of
wearing this" and threw it back.  That was damn cool.

Theory- BBE is about Roger Daltrey being the most isolated member of the Who,
and often percieved as the bad guy by the others.  After all, wasn't he put
out of the band by pete and john very early on?  Pete wrote the song from
Roger's perspective.  He has blue eyes, also. Opinions?

Just got "Can't explain" from Denver 2000.  Sounds great.  Love Pete's
backing vocals.  Where is John, tho?  Does he not provide vocals for them
live anymore?  he didn't contribute during CFNY, either.  How can I get a
copy of that 2CD set from the Denver concert?  EElpie?

Wish us luck, also.  We play a major district rival in basketball tomorrow on
the road.  The gym will be packed and rockin.  We're 4-1 and tied for first
and they are 3-2 and can get back in it with an upset.

kevin mc