Re: Who covering Pete

> Any thoughts?

I'm sure all of us could list a dozen Pete songs we'd like to see The Who
perform but I'm with Mark L. on this one.  It might take away from the
"Who momentum."

That's what one part of my brain says.  The other part would really love to
hear The Who launch into "Gonna Get Ya."

Then the other part of my brain says, "Well, what would you rather hear?
A few Townshend tunes or more Who rarities?"

Let's see.  What songs can we discard from the 2000 tour?  How about these:

1. "I Don't Even Know Myself"
2. "Getting In Tune"  (Yeah, you heard me, VT. Kevin!  Want me to freak on
    ya'?!!)
3. "My Generation Jam"  (Only the jam part - don't freak on me.)
4. "The Kids Are Alright"
5. "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere"
6. "The Relay"
7. "Drowned"
8. "You Better, You Bet"
9. "Let's See Action"

There.  That clears up about 45 minutes atleast.  Now that's not my *per-
sonal* list of songs I would leave out.  That list would certainly contain "Be-
hind Blue Eyes" & "Pinball Wizard."  I realize The Who *have* to keep that
core of super-hits to satisfy the dafter punter.  Dafter?

My list of "get-rid-of's" contains some of those songs we were pleasantly
surprised to hear on the 2000 tour but ones we don't necessarily need to
hear again on this upcoming tour.

OK, I cleared up 45 minutes.  Let's hear some choices to fill in the gaps.
Legitimate ones, too.  No more talk of "Rael." :-)

- SCHRADE in Akron