RE: The Who Sell Out?

This is what Moby meant about selling out "responsibly."  He and Sting both
had been approached by advertisers they'd refused, like tobacco companies,
for example.

I think you're right that Pete/The Who don't follow up closely on how the
ads are made, but it also could be that the deal sounds okay, but the end
result is not quite what they'd prefer.  They have more options and less
patience than Moby to follow up on the number of sales Pete has made in the
last year or so.  Also, they may be slightly out of touch with the American
market.  Remember the recruiting ad.  ;)

keets