Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #20

In a message dated 01/20/2002 10:55:51 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Saw yet another Nissan commercial using music by The Who.  This one using
> Bargain and a 4x4.  Don't know if it was old, but it was the first time *I*
> saw it.
> Impression?  ugh.

This Nissan commercial has been running for a long time.  I actually like it
because i can reference it to my high school students who don't know the who.
 I always get:  "That's the who?  I never knew they sang that song."  I also
showed another one of my classes the IOW version of YMB and had one kid say,
"Jesus- how does he not break all of his strings?"  A couple more exclaimed,
"Jesus christ!"  No, but close.  It's Pete Townshend.

Kevin Mc