Re: Who's Better Who's Best video -- BEWARE

> > I checked WGFA and it was being played in A#, not A, and shaved
> > about 18 seconds off its running time.

It's interesting that sound engineers or producers or whoever have (over the
years) decided that these tapes would be better sped up.  I gather it's to
make them sound more contemporary, as the fashionable tempo has changed over
the last thirty years.  TOMMY, for instance, sounds slightly dated because
of the slow beat.  I was thinking WHO'S NEXT was a pure classic and above
all that, but now there's a fan on alt.music.who that's experimented with it
and thinks it sounds better sped up.  If the fans think that...

keets