Re: Who's Better Who's Best video -- BEWARE

> RE: the Who's Better Who's Best video:  the copies I've seen are sped up
> just enough to make them unlistenable/unviewable.

Your comments & opinions are most appreciated, Alan, but to call this tape
"unlistenable/unviewable" is a bit much.  I'd be the first to complain if it was
as bad as you state....but it's not.

> I checked WGFA and it was being played in A#, not A, and shaved
> about 18 seconds off its running time.

You must have loads of free time.

> I returned the tape and checked a  new copy right there in the store
> and it was exactly the same.

Boy, the clerks at that store must *love* to see you walk in.

> If you like your Who sounding just a bit like Alvin and the Chipmunks and
> hopping around like clowns, you'll love it.

But the tape's not like that.  Why would you lie to us & say it's as bad as that
when it really isn't?

> If you are considering buying WBWB,
> CHECK it before you pay.  I got my money back on this stinking
> piece-o'-crap and never looked back.  If a version at the correct speed is
> available I'd love to know about it, but until then, whoever produced it
> (I'm sure someone can tell us) should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for discovering the speed-up.  And letting
us know about it is the right thing to do.  But to grossly exaggerate & call the
tape "unlistenable/unviewable," just because you discovered a speed-up, is wrong.

Your haughty nature leads us to believe that perhaps only *your* super-powers
were able to discover something that the "masses" have missed.  I've got 20+
years of Who collecting/listening under my belt now, so don't insult me like that.

The tape is fine & *does not* sound like Alvin & the Chipmunks.

- SCHRADE in Akron