Re: White City

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"I'll bet Pete has always blamed The Who for subverting his life.  It's not
something he'd really planned on--just this little temporary band thatbecame
a huge monster that ate all his time and energy, and where eventually he
couldn't seem to please anybody."

And he has been trying to come to grips with this all along.  Could it be
that putting up and taking down that sarcastic 'Rockery' diary post around
Christmas is part of the ongoing struggle?  I think maybe.

More guessing:  He tossed out some zingeres at The Who on the eve of making
some committments to Who activity in 2002.  He thought about it after
speaking to some friends, associates, and/or a shrink.  He took it down.
He's still struggling with his place in The Who and being true to his
artistic sensibilities.  He has not found (what I call) his inner cool guy.

The inner cool guy is the guy males try to become from an early age.
Quadrophenia is about finding one's inner cool guy.

Is Pete's inner cool guy Bob Dylan, Baba, Picasso, Roger Daltrey, or someone
else?

Jeff