Re: Who's Better, Who's Best video

Just some thoughts.  I have the video (it was my first Who video).  The MG is
fuckin great.  Pete playin the guitar with the mike stand is g-damn
hilarious- and hitting the amp w/the guitar over his head.  I wish they would
have shown the clip in its entirety to see them really go to town.

Not wild about the video lip-synch stuff- other than to get a look at them at
incredibly young ages.  but one of these videos is enough.  The safe robbing
thing for happy jack is kinda retarded, IMO.

Totally agree on the abbrevaited Mag Bus.  Pissed me off, too, because pete
has some great improvs in the other versions of that live that i've seen and
heard.  And pete leaves OX hung out to dry on the background vocals too much
and yes, he is also off.  YBYB video makes me puke- maybe cause i don't like
that song- and the guys look so goofy with 80s hair.  Pete's mullet is awful
and roger looks like someone's weird ass uncle.

The ICSFM from smothers is good- good show from pete and constumes are cool-
if ur into costumes (which i'm not).  Pete's footwork at the beginning of I'm
Free is awesome- which makes me wonder why he didn't use it more.  The
"hurdle slide," as i call it (for lack of a better term) is god-damn cool.
SMFM may be the best thing I have ever seen out of a band live- period.  Pete
is ridiculously spectacular both on guitar and vocally- Roger does his thing
with this song- fuckin amazin- but Keith's drumming is what always floors me.
 Anyone who states that Keith isn't the greatsest rock drummer of all-time
has NOT seen this performance.

I love the song Join together- but the lip synch video here with the music
not matching the footage and the goofy going into the audience is kinda gay
(no offense to any gay members on the list).  The studio shots of WAY are
also kinda weird and gay- but the version of the song is good.  I like some
of the vocal changes roger makes from the regular studio version.