Re: White City

I guess I should revisit this thing...some day.

What I meant about it not being my cup of tea is that, while I liked the
music, the themes and story were just too muddled to wade through.

The reason I'm referring to it in the past tense is that I have not listened
to the album in many years (I've got it on vinyl).  I have never viewed the
film.  I had pretty much given up on Pete and The Who by the time this came
out.

As I understand the stuff I've read and heard, here's the basic sketch of
how Pete dealt with Keith's death and subsequent near death and recovery:

- Pete parties hard with The Who and has fun doing so for many years.
- Keith dies.
- Pete parties harder, in a fit of denial and stubborness.
- Pete nearly dies.
- Pete gets sober, scapegoats The Who for his spiral into substance abuse.
- Pete breaks up The Who.
- Pete revisits The Who periodically, but maintains his distance as he
continues to blame The Who for his self-destructive behavior.
- The Who plays The Royal Albert Hall in front of me :-)

Does that sound about right?

Jeff