Re: Streaming QuickTime of Pete at Secret Policeman's

In article <p05010400b86a864dca7d@[66.65.99.49]>,
    Jason Hare <hare@optonline.net>  writes:

> My memory may be failing me, but wasn't there a performance around
> here where Pete actually fell asleep in the middle?  I could have
> sworn it was WGFA with John Williams, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it was WGFA.  Apparently there were two sets.  PW & Drowned were
first, and Pete was to come back for WGFA with Williams.  In between
Pete was backstage drinking brandy or cognac or something
(Courvousier?) and came out quite drunk to perform WGFA.  The point
where he nodded off was in the quiet bit.  I believe you don't
actually see him nod off because the video camera is on Williams at
the time.  I don't think its like he completely fell asleep and
stopped playing limp at the guitar, but more like how you manage to
keep driving "on autopilot" when you're sleepy and drifting in and
out.

This story is recalled from memory, but its Pete himself who has told
the story quite a number of times.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!