Re: Current live bands; stupid drunken things; Pictures Of Lily live

> I think yech.

Jeff:

I think that you're missing out if you didn't see the Pumpkins live. I
caught them on the Melon Collie tour, and the performance was excellent and
bowed to The Who in several areas.
Sadly, they are no longer among the current bands.
STP was damned good when I saw them two years ago, and I understand their
peformance is still top notch.
And I wouldn't mind seeing Tantric and Orgy.

> I don't let kids hit me in the face at school.  Come on, you never saw
some
> drunk moron let a person or two jack them in the face?

Kevin:

No, and I live in the South, too.

> sometimes do stupid things.  It IS fun, believe it or not.

It's impossible for me to believe. Sorry. Different strokes, I guess. Hot
sex is more my idea of fun, and I don't mean the drink.
For the record, I've been to New Orleans several times (Mardi Gras, of
course) and have never seen this practice...uh, practiced.

> Oo oo oo, I know that one.  Robert Johnson's "Traveling Riverside Blues".
> First recorded 1937.

Jeff & Leslie:

No, sorry, AEB got it. Killing Floor. Hendrix does a great version of it on
the Monterey Pop boxed set. Which is a must-have for any Who fan, as it
contains the ONLY live version of Pictures Of Lily I am aware of.

"The new President of The United States is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townshend

               Cheers                 ML