Have The Who broken the curse?

a.. >From: GenWalk83@aol.com
b.. >Subject: Re: Have The Who broken the curse?

>I guess since they stole the show at the concert for new york, they <critics>
finally
>shut their fuckin mouths up.

That's what I'm thinking.  This may not come out right, but feels like there's
also some sort of emotional tie between 9/11, the CFNY, and The Who that's
providing that little extra to make the critics think twice before opening
their *fucking* mouths.

>LONG LIVE ROCK!

Not that it ever died (Let me have it Mark.), but doesn't it feel like it may
be coming back to life???
Keets, didn't you suggest that a bit ago?
Not bad timing huh?
Are the energies of many forces converging together?
Are we experience the second coming?  (I could make a bunch of different jokes
here, but I'm too serious)

>From: Jon in Mi.
>Subject: Re: Have The Who broken the curse?
>
>They needed to be compared to the other acts on the same playing field for
>the critics to get it. Young or old, shut the hell up. 1968 1969 2001. The
>Who with Pete on electric and Zak in the back.

I'd like to see 'em in like a Lollapalooza festival or something.  With the
energy they've been showing since 1999, they could actually go head to head
with young bands.  They'd have to keep it rockin', but can't you just see a
field full of hard-core kids getting off to Sparks?  I can *totally* see it.

>I hope that they carry this attitude into the studio and let it rip.

I want the "rip" too, but I also want the beauty.

>I wish that they would re-form and give Zak what they gave Kenny, an equal
membership in the
>greatest Rock band in history.

He pretty much deserves it, doesn't he?  I mean, we've heard each of TED give
credit at one point or another directly to Zak.
Wouldn't making Zak a member actually make The Who a living band again??  Is
that what we're waiting for?  With out a named drummer, the world sees them as
a commemorative band?  I would think doing a studio album together will force
the move and solve the problem.
But, in the mean time I'd very much like to see Zak present at the official
tour announcement (if there is one), and also brought to stage front at end
for "the hug (and sometimes kiss!) session".
I think some may then argue that Rabbit should also receive this treatment.
But, I see a difference for some reason.  Hmmmm, I don't know whyyyy...

Kevin in VT