Re: Quad in 1973

> Mark L., was Quad a good and successful album?

Keets:

At the time? When it was released, it got poor reviews. The Real Me got
little airplay, 5:15 & LROM none that I know of. Maybe on some college
stations. It was considered a disappointment; people wanted Who's Next II. I
remember hearing things like "All the songs sound the same," and "It's hard
to get through all of the synthesizers" (this the same year Dark Side Of The
Moon was a huge hit!) and so on, and so forth.
As for me personally, I got it for Christmas, went over to a friend's house
and got stoned, put on headphones and listened to it from start to finish.
At the end of LROM I had tears in my eyes, and I knew right then and there
it was the best thing they'd ever done. While they've done a lot of great
material since, I have had no reason to change that opinion. When I first
got on the Internet, the consensus among online Who fans was that WN was the
best thing they'd done...and I challenged that attitude everywhere I found
it...and you KNOW how tenacious I am! Right? And what else should you expect
from someone heavily influenced by Pete Townshend??? And as I tend to look
at things from all sides (the writer in me) and look into the background and
study and research before I form an opinion...and my opinion is that QUAD
the single greatest Rock CD ever made.

> Toward fellow Who fans?  Yes.  I have a dream.....

Kevin:

Don't make me name an Aerosmith song.

> fun and entertains others when drunk.  Girls especially dig punching guys
in
> the face- at least in my experience, and their hits are better cause they

Kevin Mc:

Uh...where do you live, again?

> I did not make this post.

No, the other Kevin did. You aren't the only Kevin in town.

> >Mark L., was Quad a good and successful album?
>
> Yes, but from the liner notes, I think everybody was really thankful when
it
> was over.  ;)

That wasn't me answering. Note the emoticon at the end.

> the real reason behind some of this.  If you are going to be an 'alpha
dog'
> Who fan, you want to run in the biggest packs, don't you?

Jeff:

No. You want to be able to voice an opinion, though.

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML