Re: Pete and Joe Walsh+ PT interview

Jon in Mi. re:

>I am thankful for Joe Walsh giving Pete that Loud, Orange '57 Chet Atkins
>guitar that he played on WGFA. To me, no guitar chords sound better in all
of
>rock than those played on that song with that guitar. What ever happened to

>it?

That guitar was actually used to record almost all of
"Who's Next" through to "Who by Numbers" and parts of
"...Chinese Eyes" and "White City". Gotta love it.

I think Pete agrees with your sentiment. He has previously
claimed that it's the best guitar he ever had and that he
would have played it live if the thing could have stayed
in tune onstage.

Pictures show him using it for Clapton's comback show at
The Rainbow Theatre, 13 Jan 1973 and on "Top of the Pops"
10 months later where it apparently suffered a partial
smash - The Horror! Any report of it being destroyed on
this show must, for obvious reasons be exagerrated or
hearsay.

Do you have the "White City" video? The great opening
instrumental "Give Blood"? Pete's crashing chords on the
Country Gentleman just beg for volume.

I think Joe gave him the Flying "V", too...

"Pick up my guitar and play",
Stoo