Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

> Ha. You could see it in his eyes when they finished up at CFNYC.  They ALL
> still have something to prove--it's part of the psychology that drives The Who.  ;)

Yeah, I just can't believe Pete is still "into it" as far as live shows go.  I keep waiting
for his mood to sour.

> I've recently posted a definition of Modern/Postmodern artists on O&S that
> lists spontenaity and improvisation as symptoms.  Do you suppose Pete has
> lost touch with this basis for his art?

No way!  Ever listen to one of his live solos from the 2000 tour?  Of course you
have!  Plenty of spontaneity & improvisation there!  But I think you're talking about
songwriting.

I suppose Pete's songwriting process varies.  Some songs probably happen very
quickly & spontaneously, whereas others take more crafting & thought.  But he
keeps saying he doesn't write "songs" anymore - just pieces of music.  So he'd
better figure out how to write "songs" again in a hurry!

> Or do you suppose he feels he should share credit if the songs are written
> through collaboration?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing some writing credits.  Might take off a bit of the
pressure.

- SCHRADE in Akron