Re: Who's Old?

Lela, re

> > Sorry Mark, they (and I ) were working class. I never found much to
> > be happy about being working class - ice on the inside of my bedroom
> > window in  winter, but British working class were emphatically not
> > what I see portrayed on tv as white trash in the States.
>
>   What shows do you have in mind?  Anything in particular?

Dukes of Hazzard, almost any American programme set in the South,
(except Florida because you all work at Disney), X files, etc.

> > Meanwhile, I've checked out the online version of Q MAGAZINE and
> > they mention "in this issue" but don't give us any of the goodies.

I did. It's a four page photo spread of Roger where Roger comments on
various photos of him throughout his career, from 1964 to 1996.

> > I notice they've introduced Roger as a "trout fisherman" this time,
> > instead of "fish farmer."  Is this ongoing fish story something to
> > do with class issues, do you think?  Or is it only that Roger has
> > behaved improperly (for a rock star) by making TV ads?

No. His fish farm went out of business a few years ago I believe, due to
a disease affecting the fish. These days I think he just fishes.

Cheers,

John