Re: Who's old?

>Sorry Mark, they (and I ) were working class. I never found much to be
>happy about being working class - ice on the inside of my bedroom window in
>winter, but British working class were emphatically not what I see
>portrayed on tv as white trash in the States.

What shows do you have in mind?  Anything in particular?

>And I suspect the working class (if there be such an animal) in America
>would not wish to be defined as white trash, either.

There's been lots of joking about this, but real white trash has been the
type to live off public assistance for generations, without any ambition to
actually work for a living.  Recent changes in the US welfare system may
change this, so we'll have to come up with a new definition.

Meanwhile, I've checked out the online version of Q MAGAZINE and they
mention "in this issue" but don't give us any of the goodies.  I notice
they've introduced Roger as a "trout fisherman" this time, instead of "fish
farmer."  Is this ongoing fish story something to do with class issues, do
you think?  Or is it only that Roger has behaved improperly (for a rock
star) by making TV ads?

keets